Friday, April 9, 2010

Children.........................

Let me preface this by saying I love my nephew.
It's a beautiful day today AND I got to leave work at 2, so basically that's an equation for perfection. I decided to take advantage of this and go to the park and get my jog on. I was rounding the corner, nearing the end (not to mention wanting to keel over, but thats not important) when i noticed some bikes entangled right in the middle of the path. I thought, well awesome, I'm going to either have to stop running and lose momentum or run around them and into the grass (which i'm not really sure why the creators of this park thought this was a good idea, but its dangerously close to a hill. One wrong step and I'd be taking a pretty sweet tumble and sounding a little something like this.) So anyway, I got closer and all of a sudden two or three little punk kids jumped out of the tall grass screaming "RAAAWWWRRRR!!!" Really kids? REALLY. Obviously it startled me as I shouted some sort of scared/ surprised/ annoyed gasp and gave them the look of death. Seriously, I think one dropped dead. It took all I had to keep moving and not release the series of choice words running through my mind. Anyway the point of this is that today I do not like children very much. Those little jerks need to be tased. And if their parents were in the park as well, I would have loved very much to grab the brats by the collars and drop them in their laps. Seriously though, what if I had been a little old lady? I could have had a heart attack. And died. Then they would have had that on their little rotten consciences. Ha okay I'm done. This is just getting ridiculous.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought this was going to be some sort of sappy ode to children, and then you didn't thanks. i hate children too, with the exception of those related to me by blood.

Marlee said...

hahaha! I would have loved to have seen your face... and then THEIR faces... kids can be stupid.

Heather said...

hahah! Well I'm glad you love your nephew. And hopefully MY kid will NEVER act that stupid.

*MaryEllen* said...

bahaha! It would've been priceless to see your FACE! Also when I almost broke my ankle-i totally sounded like the grape lady! ha!