Thursday, June 23, 2011

Please tell me...

Tell me how in the world I have been in school studying this physical therapy mess for a year and then I turn around to study for my licensing exam and I feel like I've forgotten EVERYthing?? I better know my stuff because people's LIVES are in my hands. Say someone had a doppler study for a DVT this morning and the results aren't back yet? You better believe I'm not touching them till they're in the clear. It's dang scary! There is such a huge range of information and it's all so specific. For example-

What's rearfoot valgus? Oh, just an eversion of the calcaneus with a neutral subtalar joint. What is an anticholinergic prescribed for? Parkinson's disease, to decrease tremors. If you want to relieve symptoms of chronic trochanteric bursitis using ultrasound, what settings would you use? Probably a frequency of 1 MHz on continuous mode. A patient is exhibiting a Trendelenburg gait- what muscles are weak? The abductors- gluteus medius and minimus of course!

You get the picture.

Less than a week away from exam day. Pray for me please and thank you!

1 comment:

Emily W said...

Sending lots of prayers and happy thoughts your way! I'm sure you'll do great!