Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Good Times in Utah

For the past week I've been visiting my lovely best friend Stephanie in Utah. It was so nice to get away for a bit and have a nice break from work. It wasn't nearly as cold as I expected- when i got home it definitely felt colder here! I had a great time catching up with friends and getting to know a few new people. I felt a little guilty being there though because my grandma died last Friday so Mom, Heather & Nathan were in Wisconsin for her memorial service. I took that kind of hard because I feel like I haven't made much effort to stay in contact with her lately. I guess I felt like I knew she was coming back here soon so it wasn't a big deal. Finding out she passed away was a bit of a reminder that you never know when your or any one else's time is to go. Anyway, I started to really like being in Utah. I've always liked it there but never like this. I seriously considered staying! I never thought I'd find myself saying this but.. well, I like mountains. (Of course not more than beaches!) But I did find myself looking out the window of the plane and thinking, hmm I'm really going to miss those. Insanity. AND walking in the door from visiting with Heather for a bit, the first thing I said was "I hate South Carolina right now." NEVER have those words come out of my mouth. But really, it's snowing right now! It didn't even snow while I was in Utah. There is something very wrong with this. I'm so ready for this cold weather to be gone so I can be a happy person again haha.. Seriously cold just sucks the life out of me! But even with this crazy confused weather, there is just no place like Carolina and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

2 comments:

TCarolina072390 said...

I totally agree that there is NO place like Carolina. It is truly amazing ... I leave for Utah on Sunday ... but I am really excited about the mountains too!! Really, what is up with the snow here? Does Heavenly Father think this is a good joke or something? lol
If you decide to ever come out to Utah let me know!!! I live in raintree :)Well.. am going to live...

Rachel said...

Oh yes I will definitely let you know!! I'm jealous:) you'll have so much fun!